Tuesday, February 14, 2012

What is the best way to care for a cymbidium orchid?

I live in Northern Indiana, and I bought my wife a potted cymbidium back in february. The flowers are now gone, and since them i have just been watering it and waiting. What are my options now? Can i transport it outside? Should I just take the entire pot outside? I have never really dealt with this before, so any suggestions would be very helpful! Thanks in advance!

What is the best way to care for a cymbidium orchid?
Orchids require warm temperatures and filtered light.

I grow some of my orchids in the master bathroom window. They love the humidity from taking showers. dont let dry out completely. not soil needed just moss. and monthly feeding.

Filtered Light and warmth are the key. May you be blessed by reblooming!
Reply:do urself a favor and invest in an orchid book.

most orchids like filtered sunlight and not lots of watering. they come from forests and like humidity and filtered sun light. orchids r not continuous bloomers most just once a year so u have to b patient. for the very best results find a local orchid society in YOUR area to get the very best answers on how to grow orchids.

Toothache

No comments:

Post a Comment